Stand by me is a movie about four great friends and the adventure they had once. The story is told by a narrator and it is based on an event from his life. It tells a story about a journey to find a missing dead boy's body. They set up plans to travel and find it to become heros. Chris ( River Pheonix) is the best friend of the narrator and helps support him in his goals. His brother's friend Ace ( Keifer Sutherland) harrasess and tries to find the body before him.
overall I thought that this movie was alright. I didn't really like the movie because of the story and the type of movie it was. I'm not really interested in movies about kids, or journeys about life lessons or things like that. I preffer to watch movies with action, or adventure, or comedy to make my day better. Movies that can't keep me hooked allow me to go to sleep while watching them so I don't. I disliked the attitudes of the boys in the movie. They all tried to act adult and tough which I think is extremely annoying.
Really this movie might have been considered good by another person of a different temperment. Personally I would enjoy never seeing this movie again. Someday I will possibly have a different interest in movies, and then perhaps I will enjoy this one. Besides the cheesy script, the actors in this movie are really talented. They act well and stay in character the entire time. This movie has a huge amount of great actors that help make it better than what it would be with another cast, or a cast without some of these people. River Pheonix and Keifer Sutherland were my favorite actors in the film.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment